Sunday, August 25, 2013

Two in one

Yesterday wasn't too eventful, I went to get my hair done at a salon. I got blonde braids. It took 6 hours, but it looks really nice. My curls and the humidity were not cooperating. I also stopped by market and this time there were so many people from all over I couldn't even walk. Today, I went to church which was an interesting experience. The men and women sat separately, I've never seen that before. The service was about 3 hours which is kinda long for me I'm used to only 1. I only understood half of what was going on because all of the service was in Ewe the local language. And they go to church twice on Sunday, in the morning, and in the evening as well. One thing I learned they don't take no for an answer too well. Whether it be food, or if they want to take you somewhere. I had to argue for 10 minutes to 3 people of why I wouldn't be coming to the evening service. It finally rained today, the weather feels a lot cooler. They are having an unusual rainy season it has been really hot and no rain. Tomorrow I have the reading groups with the children at school. Until then!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nina,
    I am enjoying reading your daily life in Ghana. Keep on writing. Keep on learning the ghanaen culture as well. I am with you at every moment. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dad, I'm glad that you're liking my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina, you look beautiful; I'm enjoying your blog; it's so interesting. Looks like you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats so interesting that no one wants to take no for an answer! can you imagine a 6 hour church day?! I would die.

    ReplyDelete