Friday, August 30, 2013

The Best Things Come in Threes

On Wednesday, I had a mini quiz for the students, too see if they were learning anything from my methods. I was a little disappointed because only 4 of my original students showed up and I had three new ones. So, I was only to test four of them. Of the four though 3 got 100% and one just got one wrong. I was happy about that! On Thursday, there was no school because of some political things going on in Ghana. The losing party petitioned the courts (about the presidential election) with fraudulent charges and the verdict was to be told. All of Ho was glued to the tube to hear the results. The case was dismissed. I made tomato soup and everyone was fascinated by it, and kinda confused. They, said okay so tomatoes, water, spices, milk and....? Lol, I explained there's no and that's it. They said no meat? Are you vegetarian? On Thursday I also did all my laundry by hand which was an interesting experience. Scrubbing and scrubbing but man are my clothes clean! And the next door neighbors got a kick out of me hand washing for the first time. They even told me to move a little to the left, so they could see better in Ewe of course! There was no school today either. Today, I went to the Americanized restaurant to buy jollof rice and french fries. I am all bankued out for awhile! I was invited tonight to an all night church session but I had to decline that. Tomorrow I"m supposed to climb one of the mountains in the Volta Region. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing time you are having over there. I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nina, not liking the laundry chores over there; but looks like you've adjusted well! Looking forward to hearing about your climb! Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol yea, I'm appreciating a washing machine so much before. It takes a whole lot longer! You know Joyce, I totally forgot yesterday was labor day, until I read your post lol. Happy late Labor Day!!

    ReplyDelete