Thursday, August 22, 2013

I went to the summer school today to sit in on the class to observe the teaching methods. It is very much teacher dictates and students listen. We are trying to make it more interactive so that the children will be more engaged. The class only had 9 students many of the students weren't showing up. The headmaster and I went to the villages to talk with the children to see why they weren't coming and that they must show up tomorrow. We also talked to the elders so that they will push the children to attend. I felt like today was very successful. Hopefully tomorrow we will have a lot more children. I also went to one of the PTA members houses and had fresh coconut from a tree! One of the young boys climbed all the way up the tree and was getting the coconuts down. The best coconut I ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment