Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Thoughts so far:

I have only been in Ghana for roughly 24 hours and I have already been shown so much hospitality. Starting from the plane ride to Ghana complete strangers have really welcomed me. The headmaster and his two children came and picked me up and have been so helpful for me to get comfortable here. The host couple I am staying with have been so friendly as well. The weather is nice about 80's here but not as humid as I expected. Believe it or not I have not eaten any Ghanaian food yet, the other volunteers were aching for American food. Hopefully tomorrow I will get to eat some banku! One of my co-workers from Vital Records Karyn gave me advice to keep my eyes open and watch watch watch. And that advice has been so useful so far. What I have learned already from this trip is go with your gut. Your gut 95% of the time is right and sometimes like when going somewhere where you know no one all you have is to go with is your gut. Tomorrow I will go to the school for the first time and hopefully go to market.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it there safe and sound Nina! Enjoy your adventure!! Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joyce! Miss you guys! I start school soon so I'm excited to meet all the kids. My adventure is great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina,
    I am glad that your first impression of Ghana is positive, exciting, and overwhelming. Thanks for the updates. Keep on learning and exploring. I like the photo posted. Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete